I love lasagne more than life itself.
This is my favourite way to make it and I’ve truly had no complaints so far. This is also the biggest meal I’ve eaten in weeks, so I think that says something about how good it tastes because in this strange pandemic heat I’ve only been able to pick at foods and eat 1 proper meal a day – today i’ve had 2!
Anyway, go make this and tell me how good it is.
I’ve used a packet of plant mince, but you can swap for TVP or lentils and it’s just as good. Also if you’ve got courgette and aubergine, slice those and pop them in the layers for extra lasagne goodness!
Bam it's Lasagne
- Baking Dish
- Sauce Pan
The Meaty Bit
- 260 g Naked Glory Plant Mince (1 packet, use whichever you can get, or use TVP or lentil, or veggies!)
- 1 Onion Diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves Chopped - Measure this with your heart.
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Vegan Pesto
- 1 tsp Marmite
- 1 tbsp Hendersons Relish
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp Cornstarch (mixed with 1 tbsp water) optional
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp Butter I always use Flora
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 Cups Oat Milk Oat and soya work best but use your favourite
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast NOOCH
- 1 tsp Paprika optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Lasagne Sheets Soak in boiling water for easy cutting to fit
- Fresh Basil Add to sauce, make it pretty
- GARLIC BREAD
- Spinach and tomatos for salad
- Bread Crumbs Optional topping
- Vegan cheeze I made a cashew mozarella to top mine but it's on you
- Balsamic Vinegar Optional, but boujie.
The Meaty bit
- Fry off your plant mince for 5 or so mins, until browned off. Add some hendersons relish as your frying.
- Add onions and garlic, allow to soften and go golden, keep mixing so you don't burn anything!
- Add marmite, tomato paste, basil, oregano, pesto and mix well. Then add tinned tomatoes and let simmer for 5 mins.Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix cornstarch with water and throw in to the mix for a solid lasagne.If you have fresh basil, chuck a bit of that in there too.
- Preheat your oven to 180c!
- Melt your butter in a pan on a low heat, as soon as it's melted remove from heat and add cornstarch. Mix with a spatula to create a paste.
- Add a cup of milk and return to heat. Stir on a medium heat until it starts to thicken.
- Add more milk (enough to make the amount of sauce you like) and the paprika, nutritional yeast and pepper. Stir until nice and thick then put to one side.
Bang it all together
- Get your dish, layer up your meat, lasagne sheet, sauce, repeat until you have a banging stack. Top with cheeze, bread crumbs, what ever you want or nothing at all. It'll be tasty.Bake for 20 minutes or until nicely browned and bubbling on top.
- Put some garlic bread in 10 mins before it's ready.
Serve it up
- Pop some spinach leaves and sliced tomatoes on a plate, even some greens if you have them!Plate up a slice of lasagne and some garlic bread, top with fresh basil and a drizzle of balsamic to make it pretty and enjoy!